Nowadays people are looking for instant and convenient meals to eat although they do not necessarily refer to fast food as in ‘junk’ food. They just need to be easily prepared and take preferably less time to cook than to eat since most traditional food recipes do require ample time to begin with. However, in this fast-paced world people cannot avoid being ‘instant’ and neither can I.
Pardon me for the misunderstanding of this post’s title but what I meant was Japanese foods, not the people or anything else that might evoke global harmony. I know a wide range of ready-to-eat Japanese foods sold in the local supermarket available in many forms from cans to pouches. During one of my grocery shopping trips to Isetan, I chanced upon some interesting Japanese food products which ended up on my plate for lunch.
Wholemeal spaghetti with instant Japanese sauce (serves 1)
A handful of wholemeal spaghetti
1/2 Japanese cucumber, diced
1/2 onion, diced
S&B Namafumi spa tuna shoyu fumi
Seasoning compound (honkatsuo furikake) “Marumiya”
- Boil water in a large pot and cook the spaghetti until al dente.
- Saute the diced cucumber and onion until the onion is sufficiently caramelized.
- Place the sauteed vegetables on top of the cooked spaghetti.
- Pour the S&B tuna sauce onto the spaghetti followed by the seaweed.
- Finally season the dish with the Marumiya seasoning compound.
- Finish the instant spaghetti in an instant! ;)